Thursday, June 3, 2010

Second Day.

Eating breakfast as a team every morning is the greatest-Everyone is so great. I also love that it's included in our room at the hotel. There's always juice, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, bread, cheese, and you can special order eggs (huevos sin/con jamón) for freeeee! Praise the Lord. I love breakfast.

Our normal schedule for each is: breakfast from 8-8:30 and then an hour of quiet time and then a team meeting at 9:30 where we pray and get set for the day. :] I'm a nerd and like having a schedule.

Ate lunch at Alexander's Coffee. It was a little taste of home. They had GREAT food. Got a yummy salad.

Then we went around the city got acquainted with it. We spend time in the square feeding the pigeons and trying to catch them. Collins was finally successful. :] We took pictures it was a grand time. Me Tom and Sophie went for a run in the park (which was so cool!) then as a team we played signs (SUCH a great time of bonding) and then went to dinner.

Today is Dia de Madre (Mother's Day) in South America. And it's a BIG DEAL. really big deal. Way bigger deal than it is in the US.
We all ate dinner as a team at Picolo a restaurant known for their sweets. It was such a nice night. The full moon was shining brightly--there we decorations everywhere and a band! (I was sad no one was dancing though...) They were cranking out cakes like it was nobody's business. As the waiters kept carrying these chocolate cakes with rose looking petals on the outside, my mouth kept watering. Christian, Michele and I got a piece to share for dessert. IT WAS SO SO SO GOOD. :] Good thing people on our team are healthy and active!

Started reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller and it's already one of my new favorite books. :]

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca you have captured my heart a long time ago and I am one of your biggest fans
    keep up the blog your doing a fab job
    your the best
    and I love you to the moon and back a million times
    love MOM

    ReplyDelete